Library Services and Technology Act State Grants
Congressional Grant Complete
New children’s furniture, tables and chairs for adults, maintenance equipment, computers, literacy supplies, office furniture, etc. were purchased.
Congressional Grant 2009
2009 IMLS Competitive Grant – Alchemy Project
The Guam Public Library System was recently awarded a Competitive Grant in 2009 from the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the purchase of software to upgrade its current system in assisting the library as part of its Five Year Plan in developing a program and plan to follow for the scanning, preserving and archiving important Government and historical documents, including photographs at its Main Library, namely, the Nieves M. Flores Memorial Library in Hagåtña, Guam.To date:
- Supplies have been ordered.
- Scanning has begun (work in progress) mainly by Key Grant Personnel, Ms. Francine Uncangco, Library Technician I.
- Alchemy System software upgrade has been put on bid.
- Vendor awarded and system software has been installed.
- Alchemy System training workshop has commenced.
- Key personnel are being trained.
- Grant Management: Ms. Sandra M. Stanley, Administrative Officer and Grant Manager, in charge of grant reporting and activities, including grant budget and finance.
- Library Technician Supervisor, Collection Development & Management (Library Materials): Ms. Teresita L.G. Kennimer, currently Acting Territorial Librarian/Acting Director and the Library Technician Supervisor, in charge of Collection Development and Management re scanning, preserving and archiving.
- Network and Information Services Systems Support -Grant Tech Support: Mr. Joseph Baza, Computer Systems Analyst II, in charge of software installation and ensuring training.
- Administrative Support Unit in charge of monitoring and assisting all around.